All in all it seems CMS is on the right path to become one of the more dominant Forex brokers in the US due to its strong trading platform and millions of cool features that it offers. CMS must become much more aggressive in marketing and acquisitions just like FXCM in order to dominate the Forex market.
Here is part of the email that was sent:
Celebrate 10 Years of CMS Forex
This month, CMS Forex celebrates its 10th anniversary. Since its inception in 1999, CMS Forex has striven to provide clients with the highest quality of products and services along with dedicated and personalized customer care. We’d like to share with you 10 reasons to choose CMS Forex as your broker.
Here are 10 Reasons to trade with us:
1. Chart Pattern Recognition Technology – Directly integrated into VT Trader™, this technology automatically scans for and identifies technical analysis patterns in real-time.
2. Streaming Dow Jones News – Access live news updates and market commentary from the distinguished Dow Jones.
3. CMS Forex has been growing its Global footprint – CMS Forex and its affiliates have offices in New York, Boston, Bermuda, Tokyo, St. Petersburg, and Shanghai, with a planned office opening in the UK.
4. Dedicated customer, technical, and dealing services – CMS Forex offers 24 hour technical and dealing support and each client receives personal attention from an Account Executive
The FBS CopyTrade Team Presents a New 'FBS CopyStar' ContestGo to article >>
5. CMS Forex offers multiple ways to trade – Place trades and manage your account(s) from your desktop computer, mobile device, or any web browser with Internet.
6. CMS Forex Educational Webinars – Attend our Trading Power Course and Chartist Corner to learn more about technical analysis tools and how they are applied to the current market.
7. CMS Forex provides a myriad of technical analysis tools, including over 100 indicators, interactive charts, and advanced drawing tools.
8. Highly-customizable – Personalize your layout to your unique trading style by tabbing, docking, detaching, and autotomally hiding controls.
9. Stay on top of the market with Forex Capsule, an interactive economic calendar that provides in-depth market analysis and commentaries on daily market changes and the fundamental factors behind them.
10. Competitive Trading Terms and Quality Execution – CMS Forex offers competitive spreads and up to 10 Lot Auto-Execution on specific pairs.
Hedging, Leverage, and Margin Changes
The first new NFA regulation, which went into effective May 15th, prohibits the trading feature of “hedging.” Hedging was originally offered as an added flexible trading tool due to high demand from our clients. However, the NFA believes that traders who are unaware of how to effectively use hedging can incur additional costs without added benefit. The NFA has also uncovered certain practices by money managers and others that indicated abuse of the system, such as instances where money managers “churn” trades in order to collect added commissions. Therefore, CMS Forex no longer offers hedging, in order to comply with NFA regulations.
In addition, the NFA will likely implement a regulation to reduce the maximum leverage that Forex firms can offer. In order to support the NFA’s efforts, CMS Forex has ceased offering 400:1 leverage on Forex transactions on May 15, 2009; going forward, we will be requiring 1% margin on the notional value of clients’ positions on the major pairs* and 4% margin on the notional value on minor currency pairs**. For more information on leverage, margin, and notional value, click here.