Gain Capital started reporting monthly metrics for the first time in April 2013 showing better results in most parameters. Retail volume was slightly higher in April 2013 than the month before with client assets nearing half a billion dollars and institutional volume at all times high. This continues the trend of peak results since 2013 started with the first four months of the year better than whole of 2012 for some brokers.
BEDMINSTER, N.J., May 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GCAP) (“the Company”), a leading global provider of online trading services, today reported operating activity for the month of April 2013.
- Retail OTC trading volume of $145.8 billion, an increase of 3.6% from March 2013 and an increase of 25.9% from April 2012.
- Average daily retail OTC trading volume was $6.6 billion, a decrease of 1.5% from March 2013 and an increase of 20% from April 2012.
- Active retail OTC accounts totaled 63,609, an increase of 1.6% from March 2013 and an increase of 2.8% from April 2012.
- Futures Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs) were 14,773, an increase of 10.2% from March 2013.
- Total funded accounts were 98,959, a decrease of 1.1% from March 2013 and an increase of 33.7% from April 2012.
- Total retail customer assets were $457.0 million, representing levels consistent with March 2013 and an increase of 37.5% from April 2012.
7 Habits of a Highly Effective DeFi TraderGo to article >>
- Total institutional trading volume was $315.8 billion, an increase of 17.2% from March 2013 and an increase of 103.0% from April 2012.
- Average daily institutional volume was $14.4 billion, an increase of 12.5% from March 2013 and an increase of 94.6% from April 2012.
“We are pleased to report that our positive momentum continued in April, with sequential and year-on-year volume growth across all our business lines, as improving market conditions helped boost client engagement,” said Glenn Stevens, CEO of GAIN Capital. “These factors, combined with our pending acquisition of GFT, which is on track to close in the third quarter, put us in a strong position to capitalize on more favorable market conditions.”
Below is the chart showing Gain Capital’s retail and institutional monthly volume in $ billions since January 2012: