(NYSE: FXCM) today announced certain key operating metrics for February 2011 for its retail foreign exchange business. Monthly activities included:
- Retail customer trading volume (1) of $250 billion in February 2011, 3% lower than January 2011 and 1% lower than February 2010.
- An average of 295,153 retail client trades per day in February 2011, 4% lower than January 2011 and 10% lower than February 2010.
- Active accounts (2) of 139,167 as of February 28, 2011, an increase of 774 or 1% from January 2011, and an increase of 19,127 or 16% from February 2010.
More information, including historical results for each of the above metrics, can be found on the investor relations page of the Company’s corporate web site, www.fxcm.com.
This operating data is preliminary and subject to revision and should not be taken as an indication of the financial performance of FXCM Inc. FXCM undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review previously reported operating data. Any updates to previously reported operating data will be reflected in the historical operating data that can be found on the Investor Relations page of the Company’s corporate web site, www.fxcm.com.
Liquidity Constraints in 2021 – What is the Best Path Forward?Go to article >>
(1) Volume that FXCM retail customers traded in period translated into US dollars.
(2) An account that has traded at least once in the previous twelve months. Beginning this month, FXCM is switching to reporting on a monthly basis active accounts (accounts that have traded at least once in the past twelve months) from tradeable accounts (accounts that have sufficient funds to place a trade).