LCH.Clearnet Group Limited (LCH.Clearnet) today announces its results for the year ended 31
- Underlying net revenues up 16% to €387.2 million (2010: €335.0 million)
- Underlying operating profit up 81% to €106.9 million (2010: €58.9 million)
- Clearing income up 16%
- Net investment income up 21%
- Strong volume growth across all key business areas
- Tier 1 capital ratio of 17.3%
- Expansion of multi asset offering – FX ready to launch and CDS service to be enhanced
- in 2012
The Best PSPs for Forex Brokers in One UTIP App Go to article >>
- Appointment of new CEO and investment in senior talent
- Implementation of a transformation plan to position the Group for further growth in a changing regulatory and competitive environment
- Development of a single infrastructure across group to eliminate costly duplication
- Successful resolution of MF Global default (closed market positions with a combined notional value of over €14.7 billion); no recourse to Default Fund
Commenting on performance Ian Axe, Chief Executive, said: “We had a successful year in which underlying revenues were up 16% and underlying operating profit was up substantially by 81%. This is testimony to the strong growth in our core exchange clearing business as well as our fast growing OTC business.”
LCH.Clearnet is the leading independent clearing house group, serving major international exchanges and platforms, as well as a range of OTC markets. It clears a broad range of asset classes including: securities, exchange traded derivatives, commodities, energy, freight, interest rate swaps, CDS and euro and sterling denominated bonds and repos; and works closely with market participants and exchanges to identify and develop clearing services for new asset classes.
LCH.Clearnet is preparing to launch the much awaited ForexClear service and submitted its self-certification document to the CFTC on November 4th, 2011.
LCH will offer the service on nine currency pairs for interbank trades in currency options.