The 2018 London Summit is quickly approaching and is set to kick off in nearly two months. Set for November 13-14, we are hard at work to make this year’s event the biggest and most informative yet. Sign up for your seat today!
Hosted at Old Billingsgate, the 2018 London Summit brings together the entire trading industry to learn, meet contacts, and create new business. The event is expected to draw upwards of 3,000 attendees this year, including leading retail FX brokers, investment banks, fintech startups, and service providers that make the drive all business.
Tweet about the summit with its hashtag, #londonsummit18, and we’ll feature it in our posts!
Don’t let the calendar fool you – space is quickly filling up for this year’s event. Attendees can take advantage of competitive pricing as low as £750 +vat. This price is only available until October 10. After this date, the special pricing will end so do not delay and reserve your seat today!
As in most years, the institutional side of the industry continues to be a major draw and focus at the London Summit. This is especially true in the aftermath of multiple new regulatory edicts as well as the ongoing adoption of the Global FX Code of Conduct.
Nearly eighteen months after its release, FX market participants are poised to gather for an in-depth review of the FX Global Code of Conduct. On the docket is a wide range of questions to be addressed. For example, what precisely has been achieved? Moreover, which challenges still loom and how can central banks encourage broader adherence of a code of conduct written by the industry itself?
Why Your Enterprise’s Finances Rely on Employee TrainingGo to article >>
A panel of leading executives and specialists from around the industry will address the actual impact of the code thus far, offering a transparent perspective on the subject. Over a year after its launch, there are still many questions swirling, such as why market participants would not adhere to the code and what other costs and pain points are associated with this mandate.
Attendees will hear from a selection of leading executives at the summit. Below is a list of key speakers who will feature in sessions, workshops, and panels dealing with the institutional space:
- Rony Grushka, co-founder, Markit Group
- Adrian Boehler, Co-Head of FXLM and Commodity Derivatives, BNP Paribas
- Zeeshan Feroz, CEO (UK), Coinbase
- Hugh Whelan, Global Head of Liquidity, NEX Markets
- Marc Bürki, CEO, Swissquote Bank
- Andrew Edwards, CEO, Saxo Markets
- James Maudslay, Head of Financial Services, Equinix
- Sara Feenan, Business Development Manager, Clearmatics
- Patrick Fleur, CEO, Solid FX
- Nick Downes, co-founder and Managing Director, Axiom Global
- Gregory Armon Jones, Head of Foreign Exchange & FICC e-Commerce Search, Armstrong International
- Yoni Assia, founder and CEO, eToro,
- Monica Summerville, Head of Research, Tabb Group
- Andrew Ralich, CEO, OneZero
Beyond this, attendees can also familiarize themselves with the event’s agenda to see what’s in store. A list of key institutional sessions is also listed below as well:
- CEO Roundtable: Where is the Alpha?
- The Future of Regulation: APAC and Beyond
- Regtech and Hot Deals in a Post-MiFID World
- Now What? CFDs Brokers after ESMA
- Alexa, Can You Generate Alpha Yet?
- Is ‘Principle Based’ Enough? FX Global Code of Conduct 18 Months on
- Liquidity in FX and Beyond: A Deep Dive
- MT5 in 2019: What You Need to Know
- Reimagining the Financial System
Top performing companies to be honored at event
Every year, Finance Magnates recognizes the industry’s top-performing companies, bestowing a range of honors across twelve different categories. The awards reflect both trends and shifts that the FX and broader financial industry has undergone in the most recent year and are decided based on votes from industry peers and attendees.
This year’s London Summit will be concluded with an awards ceremony, with thirteen categories recognizing the industry’s leading companies for 2018. Stay tuned for more details and how to vote for this year’s finalists.