- An interview with Gary Tilkin, CEO of GFT (Not very readable)
FX Veteran Hossain-Nelson Joins INFINOX to Ramp Up IX Prime OfferingGo to article >>
- Dow Jones & Company, a News Corporation company and leading provider of global business news and information services, has signed an agreement with Swiss-based, foreign-exchange broker, MIG Investments, to provide real-time, streaming news and information in Chinese, Russian, French, Spanish, Italian and Arabic directly to MIG Investments’ clients via MIG’s dedicated research site.
- The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) has hired Scott Schneider, Commodity Futures Trading Commission reports. Schneider has been appointed director of public affairs. Prior to joining CFTC, Schneider was communications director for the committee on small business and entrepreneurship at the U.S. Senate. He has also been a press secretary for Senator Mary Landrieu’s re-election campaign
- Assimilate Technology Inc. announced today the launch of their Visual FIX product, a full-featured integrated development environment for testing, verifying, and validating FIX Protocol applications. The .NET-based product is designed to help software development, QA, and connectivity teams increase their efficiency and reduce time to market in the development, testing, and support of electronic trading systems.
- A biased ‘unbiased’ review of Forex Hoster VPS service
- ICAP Plc, the biggest broker of transactions between banks, plans to issue its first senior bonds with a 300 million-euro ($426 million) deal due in five years, according to a banker involved in the transaction
- Experian(R), a global information services company, today announced the adoption by Forex Capital Markets of Experian Universal ID Check, an authentication service designed to counter the threat of identity fraud and money laundering across a range of countries, helping organizations address identity risk and satisfy regulatory compliance requirements.
- Varengold Bank now offers spot Gold & Silver trading
- Gresham hearing set for July 23. Peachtree City resident Eldon A. Gresham has been ordered to appear in U.S. District Court in Newnan July 23 in connection with charges that he operated a multi-million dollar foreign currency (forex) Ponzi scheme said to have specifically targeted Christian investors. The order also pertains to relief defendants Werner Beiersdoerfer, Interveston Wines, LLC and Kirk Gresham.
- Not Forex but interesting (if you remember ARS is one of the major reasons for the current economic crisis): The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced settled charges against TD Ameritrade, Inc. for making inaccurate statements when selling auction rate securities (ARS) to customers. The settlement reached with the online brokerage will provide its customers the opportunity to sell back to TD Ameritrade any ARS that they bought prior to the collapse of ARS market in February 2008.
- dbFX.com, the online retail foreign exchange (FX) trading platform of Deutsche Bank, reported a 501 per cent increase in volumes across the Middle East for the first quarter of 2009 when compared to the first quarter of 2008. In comparison, dbFX.com saw a 37 per cent increase in trading volumes globally in the first quarter of 2009 over the same period last year, as retail traders continued to favour FX over equities and bonds. The latest figures further underline the Middle East as one of the world’s fastest growing FX trading regions.
- The International Monetary Fund said Monday it plans to inject 250 billion dollars into member nations’ foreign exchange reserves to boost liquidity amid the global economic crisis.
- Tim Geithner is anything but transparent. In fact, Geithner exemplifies what is wrong with government today.