GAIN Capital announced its metrics for August. During the month, retail volumes fell 13.1% MoM to $123.1 billion, but were 30.9% above the same period last year. The broker also reported a total of 65,289 OTC accounts placing trades during the month, which was an increase of 0.8% from July 2013, and 8.4% above August 2012. Total retail customer assets were $485.9 million, 5.3% above July.
In its institutional GTX division, total volumes fell 23.2% from July to $270.4 billion. It was the third straight month of total volumes declines. Following record total, and average daily volumes achieved earlier in the year, institutional volumes have fallen along with much of the rest of the industry, with GAIN volumes results similar to other major ECNs.
FBS CopyTrade Launches a New Card Scanning Feature!Go to article >>
The news occurs as shares of GAIN (GCAP:N) hit an all-time high yesterday and closed at $11.00. Following the firm’s Q2 results, the stock price has been in ascent, most recently spiking on no reported news.
- Retail OTC trading volume of $123.2 billion, a decrease of 13.1% from July 2013, and an increase of 30.9% from August 2012.
- Average daily retail OTC trading volume of $5.6 billion, a decrease of 9.1% from July 2013, and an increase of 36.8% from August 2012.
- Active retail OTC accounts of 65,289, an increase of 0.8% from July 2013, and an increase of 8.4% from August 2012.
- Futures (OEC) Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs) of 13,787, an increase of 12.4% from July 2013.
- Total funded accounts of 94,378, a decrease of 0.7% from July 2013 and an increase of 13.5% from August 2012.
- Total retail customer assets of $485.9 million, an increase of 5.3% from July 2013, and an increase of 12.0% from August 2012.
- Total institutional trading volume of $270.4 billion, a decrease of 23.2% from July 2013, and an increase of 66.4% from August 2012.
- Average daily institutional volume of $12.3 billion, a decrease of 19.7% from July 2013, and an increase of 45.4% from August 2012.