First Derivatives, the software and consulting services provider to the capital markets industry, announced today the launch of a new set of tools for the Calypso platform. The applications are designed for managing and controlling the Calypso platform which is widely used by financial institutions for cross asset trading, risk and processing.
The new suite of monitoring, testing and application management tools, called Delta Tools, is said to enable clients to automate the implementation, roll out and on-going management of Calypso applications and their operating environments. In addition to reducing support costs through automation, First Derivatives states in the announcement that Delta Tools enables organizations to ensure that daily operations proceed as planned, exceptions are processed efficiently and the risks associated with changes, upgrades and enhancements are minimized.
The FBS CopyTrade Team Presents a New 'FBS CopyStar' ContestGo to article >>
Keith O’Brien, Head of Calypso Practice at First Derivatives, commented: “Not only are application managers and desk owners looking to ensure that mission-critical systems like Calypso are running optimally, so too are regulators and internal audit – and they also want proof. It is only through tools and automation that the required consistency and accuracy they want can be achieved. That is why we developed Delta Tools for Calypso to provide the visibility and control they need.”
The features of the new tools are set to address the application lifecycle and environment in which Calypso operates:
- Comprehensive and flexible regression testing capabilities accelerate initial implementation
- Tools to track and manage configuration settings minimizes deployment risk
- Testing tools provide automated quality assurance of new and existing functionality
- Complete data synchronization that fully replicates events across engines makes parallel runs more realistic and complete
- On-going operations are tracked and monitored for errors or processing bottlenecks.
- Daily operations are enhanced by monitoring tools to ensure all systems and processes are running optimally and reconciliation tools ensure they are complete and accurate
According to First Derivatives, further tools can execute stress tests and performance checks to identify processing thresholds as well as where coding or configuration changes may affect system performance.