IG Group a UK-based derivatives broker announced interim results for the latter end of 2011, results showed IG outperforming its peers with profit before tax up 28%.
IG being a FTSE 250 company faces shareholder pressure however the current results show positive gains for all stakeholders.
A summary of the key figures:
- Net trading revenue up 28% at £195.5 million
- Profit before tax up 28% at £103.2 million
- Diluted EPS up 31% at 20.68p
- Interim dividend of 5.75p per share (up 9.5%)
- Well capitalised debt-free balance sheet
- Continued strong growth in active client numbers and revenue per client
IG is a global organisation with offices in the developed world including Australia, Japan, Spain and Italy.
NEXT BLOCK SOFIA 2.0 + Fabulous Blockchain After-PartyGo to article >>
Figures from Japan show a reduction in trading revenue, this could be accounted for by the reduction in leverage introduced by the Japanese FSA in August 2011.
Overall Europe is showing excellent results as revenue per client is higher than other regions like UK and Australia.
IG Group is currently trading at 488p and the group increased it interim dividend from 5.25p to 5.75p.