Forex volumes in Q3 2011 are at peak (excluding Japan where they dropped a little due to reduce leverage requirement) as evident in the Q3 2011 Forex Magnates Industry Report that has become available to existing clients this morning and will become publicly available on Friday.
Hotspot FX reported record levels in ADV and total volume for September and Q3 2011. With respect to market share of publicly reported spot FX volumes (ICAP/EBS, Reuters, Hotspot FX), Hotspot accounted for 8.5% of the volume in Q3 2011 compared to 5.8% in Q3 2010.
September 2011 Statistics:
- Hotspot FX posted an ADV of $68.2billion. (based on 22 trading days)
- ADV increased 8.1% versus August 2011. (August 2011 ADV: $63.0 Billion)
- Volume increased 101.8% versus September 2010.
- Total Volume: $1,499.2 billion.
Q3 2011 Statistics:
Understanding the Gaps in Forex TradingGo to article >>
- Highest total volume quarter; 2.3% greater than Q2 2011.
- Total volume was $4,253.4 billion.
- Q3 2011 ADV of $64.5 billion. (based on 66 trading days)
- Q3 2011 ADV was up 14.3% vs. Q2 2011 (Q2 2011 volume: $63.0 billion); up 98.0% vs. Q3 2010.
note: HotSpot doublecounts its figures