FXCM has just made its 2010 Fiscal Year report available online and besides it looking quite pretty there are also several very interesting new details there. For instance FXCM made available for the first time its FXCM Pro volume and income numbers. Click Read More below to see/download the full presentation.
Here’s the summary of the most interesting data (some are known facts some aren’t):
- At the end of 2010 FXCM had 175,240 active accounts (Standard and Micro), 25% growth from 2009
- Retail Trading Revenue per Million reached the magic $100 number, up 20% from 2009. That’s 1 full pip.
- Daily Average Revenue Trades were 315,210, down 9% from 2009, mainly due to steep decline in volume in North America and South Korea.
- Overall 2010 volume was $3178 Billion, that’s $264 Billion a month. Down 9% from 2009.
- Customer balance was $641 million, almost double the 2009 figure of $354 million.
- FXCM Pro (FXCM’s Currenex White Label) revenue was $27.8 million, up 32% from 2009. FXCM Pro 2010 volume was $753 billion, that’s $63 billion a month. Up 43% from 2009.
- CFDs represented only 3% of the 2010 volume and Spread Betting accounted for only 1%.
- FXCM is seeking a local registered agent in Singapore to transfer its local business to, after reviewing the local regulations. This represents about 1% of its business.
FXCM Volume per region (in Billion USD):
How to Generate Leads Outside of the Box?Go to article >>
The drop in US volumes can probably be explained by the reduced leverage and the increased competition. The drop in volumes in South Korea – FXCM was almost fully controlling that market until local regulatory decided that this seems like a monopoly and made sure FXCM distributed institutional clients amongst other brokers.
The presentation is quite heavy so if it doesn’t load in due time, click here to see it on another server.
FXCM 2010 annual report presentation
var docstoc_docid="79694607";var docstoc_title="FXCM 2010 annual report presentation";var docstoc_urltitle="FXCM 2010 annual report presentation";