As every quarter part of the Forex Magnates Quarterly Report is the survey of top forex media websites for Q4 2011. More detailed information is found inside the report.
Media forex traffic growth trend experienced in Q3 2011 continued well into Q4 2011. Traffic spiked in August-September due to the Eurozone crisis and although trading volumes have slowed down in Q4 forex traffic itself kept growing. As expected, traffic slowed down in December due to seasonal holidays.
Major noticeable trends:
- Q3 2011 growth continued into Q4 2011.
- Typically slow December was still better than any other month prior to Eurozone crisis onset.
- Out of all websites only ForexPros showed a consistent growth trend.
- Forexfactory, which suffered from traffic decline in first three quarters of 2011, is back up.
- Mataf.net (now forexticket network of websites) traffic dipped in Q3 due to change in domains. Q4 showed growth but numbers still didn’t return to normal.
- There’s a clear top 5 website leadership with traffic above 500,000 unique visitors a month and far above the next websites in the list.
ACY Securities Asia Trading Cup Returns for 2nd YearGo to article >>
Comparing monthly trading volume to monthly traffic: