ANZ Worldline Payment Solutions, a joint venture between ANZ and Worldline, has been officially launched in Australia. Through the recent launch, merchants in Australia will be able to utilize innovative payments technology to meet the unique requirements of the regional market.

Headquartered in Melbourne, one of the regional financial centers, ANZ Worldline Payment Solutions is the first collaboration in Australia between a big four bank and a specialists payment provider. Worldline is currently holding a 51% stake in the local entity. The remaining 49% ownership belongs to ANZ.

The recent announcement from Worldline came a few days after the company confirmed the completion of the acquisition of a controlling stake in the commercial acquiring business of ANZ. In February 2022, Worldline expanded its payment offering for global merchants.

Vincent Roland, the Managing Director of Merchant Services at Worldline, mentioned that the company is planning to combine its payments expertise with ANZ’s extensive knowledge of the local market.

“Australians have always been early adopters of new technologies such as contactless payment and digital wallets. Australia is number four globally for payment terminals per capita, and the local eCommerce market – thanks largely to COVID – is tipped to get close to AU$100 billion by 2025,” Roland, commented.

Payments Ecosystem in Australia

Australia is a technology-driven economy that saw a boom in the adoption of digital financial tools after the outbreak of COVID. According to Petr Ryska, the CEO of ANZ Worldline Payment Solutions, the company will increase its investment in research and development to localize its platform.

"In 2021, Worldline spent the equivalent of AU$380 million globally in research and development. ANZ Worldline Payment Solutions will invest a further $22.4 million in Australia to localize our platform, ensuring we meet the unique requirements of Australian merchants and comply with the various regulatory requirements,” Ryska said.

ANZ Worldline Payment Solutions, a joint venture between ANZ and Worldline, has been officially launched in Australia. Through the recent launch, merchants in Australia will be able to utilize innovative payments technology to meet the unique requirements of the regional market.

Headquartered in Melbourne, one of the regional financial centers, ANZ Worldline Payment Solutions is the first collaboration in Australia between a big four bank and a specialists payment provider. Worldline is currently holding a 51% stake in the local entity. The remaining 49% ownership belongs to ANZ.

The recent announcement from Worldline came a few days after the company confirmed the completion of the acquisition of a controlling stake in the commercial acquiring business of ANZ. In February 2022, Worldline expanded its payment offering for global merchants.

Vincent Roland, the Managing Director of Merchant Services at Worldline, mentioned that the company is planning to combine its payments expertise with ANZ’s extensive knowledge of the local market.

“Australians have always been early adopters of new technologies such as contactless payment and digital wallets. Australia is number four globally for payment terminals per capita, and the local eCommerce market – thanks largely to COVID – is tipped to get close to AU$100 billion by 2025,” Roland, commented.

Payments Ecosystem in Australia

Australia is a technology-driven economy that saw a boom in the adoption of digital financial tools after the outbreak of COVID. According to Petr Ryska, the CEO of ANZ Worldline Payment Solutions, the company will increase its investment in research and development to localize its platform.

"In 2021, Worldline spent the equivalent of AU$380 million globally in research and development. ANZ Worldline Payment Solutions will invest a further $22.4 million in Australia to localize our platform, ensuring we meet the unique requirements of Australian merchants and comply with the various regulatory requirements,” Ryska said.