Earlier in the month, MetaQuotes published data about its MQL5 Freelance service. Now, the technology provider behind the MetaTrader platform has published an infographic with details of purchases on its MetaTrader Market since it was launched in February 2012. The market was initially launched on MT5 and added into MT4 in 2013. The in-platform marketplace provides purchase of EAs, Technical Indicators, and trading education products.
Some of the Key Details:
- Total value of goods sold: $523,232
- Total products sold: 6294
- Average price: $83.13
- Sellers: 520
- Registered buyers: 24,528 (also available but not counted in sold product numbers are free and demo products available for download)
- EA’s sales: 50% of sales and 58% of dollar value are EA sales
- Top 10 products dominate: Compose 44% of sales and 69% of dollar value
FXPRIMUS Celebrates 10-Year Anniversary with a Grand Gala in Kuala LumpurGo to article >>
It is little surprise that EA sales dominate the marketplace as retail traders use the product to automate their trading. In fact, one could argue that it is a little surprising that the number is only around 50% and not higher given that many traders become introduced to MetaTrader through EAs.
The total value of $523,232, along with the $578,000 MetaQuotes reported to have been transacted on their Freelance Marketplace indicate that these aren’t significant money generators for the company. When speaking with representatives of MetaQuotes in the past, they had related that they view these projects as loss leaders that ultimately are used to add value to the platform and enhance the existing active MQL community.