GAIN Capital completed May 2013 on a very strong footing, further demonstrating the return to form for most of the industry’s big players after a lackluster 2012 which was plagued by contracting volumes.
June is the second month since GAIN Capital introduced publicly available monthly metrics, providing a comprehensive method of comparing performance on a month-to-month basis. Certainly the increases in volume over May’s figures are substantial, with volume rising from $145.8 billion to $161.5 billion, and a distinct improvement over that of May last year, demonstrated by a 28% increase in volume.
The company’s institutional division is perhaps where the most remarkable upturn in fortune is apparent. Average monthly volumes for May 2013 are up a somewhat staggering 152.6% from those of May 2012, and average daily volumes up an astronomical 184.0% from the same time last year.
• Retail OTC trading volume of $161.5 billion, an increase of 10.7% from April 2013 and an increase of 28.6% from May 2012.
• Average daily retail OTC trading volume of $7.0 billion, an increase of 5.9% from April 2013 and an increase of 28.6% from May 2012.
FXPRIMUS Celebrates 10-Year Anniversary with a Grand Gala in Kuala LumpurGo to article >>
• Active retail OTC accounts of 64,028, an increase of 0.7% from April 2013 and an increase of 3.9% from May 2012.
• Futures Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs) of 13,236, a 9.8% decrease from April 2013.
• Total funded accounts of 100,671, an increase of 1.7% from April 2013 and an increase of 35.2% from May 2012.
• Total retail customer assets of $466.9 million, an increase of 2.2% from April 2013 and an increase of 55.4% from May 2012.
• Total institutional trading volume of $382.7 billion, an increase of 21.2% from April 2013 and an increase of 152.6% from May 2012.
• Average daily institutional volume of $16.6 billion, an increase of 15.9% from April 2013 and an increase of 184.0% from May 2012.