Payment processing provider, GlobalCollect has produced a data-rich report on MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing) games with market related observations and predictions that includes more than 170 countries.
The Findings reveal the following:
* $14.9 billion will be made by MMO games in 2013 (21.2% of gaming incomes).
* The Middle East and Europe produce the topmost transaction amounts.
NewsBTC to Make Splash at London Summit 2018Go to article >>
* Asia Pacific is the biggest market in the games industry – it takes 36% overall but an enormous 64% in MMO
* Malaysia, South Korea and Thailand have been the fastest growers in the industry.
* Central America and North Africa pose the greatest fraud risk in the industry.
* Mobile games is expected to expand by 35% this year, with MMO games behind at 14%, however, the current, biggest players, consoles, are predicted to deflate by -1%
According to GlobalCollect, which extends to 170 countries and facilitates well over a 100 payment methods: “Knowledge is power, and our ability to provide our customers with deep insights into not only their own payments but into industry benchmarks as a whole is how we empower them to grow their businesses quickly around the world.” (Nathan Salisbury, market director for Video Gaming.)