Portware announced today that Stockholm-based investment manager IPM Informed Portfolio Management (IPM) has deployed Portware’s FX trading platform, PortwareFx. The custom implementation enables IPM to fully automate its FX trade workflows, creating a front-to-back solution that supports the firm’s complex trading and system integration requirements. This is yet another win for Portware as the firm has had significant growth in the FX space this year. Earlier this year, the firm enhanced its FX product offering by upgrading its cloud-based FX trading solution and its transaction cost analysis (TCA) service.
Key Portware FX functionality includes:
• A real-time, aggregated view of the entire FX market through a single trading environment
• Integrated algorithmic strategies from leading FX dealers, allowing clients to leverage their brokers’ execution capabilities
• Embedded Portware algorithms that allow users to trade efficiently with multiple liquidity providers and increase execution performance, particularly for large orders
• Support for all FX order types, including spot, forwards, swaps and RFQ/RFS
The FX Global Code – Is Self-Regulation the Future of the Industry?Go to article >>
• Seamless connections with all order management systems (OMS) and post trade reporting services, eliminating operational risk
• Extensive post-trade analytics and reporting through FX Liquidity Monitor (FXLM)
• True multi-asset trading support for auto hedging and cross-asset algorithmic strategies
IPM stated, “Our traders needed a customizable FX trading solution that would allow them to execute orders against any bank, ECN or interdealer platform and leverage next generation automated trading strategies,” says Fredrik Wingren, Head of Trading at IPM. “Portware FX provided the highest levels of customization, functionality and system flexibility, enabling our traders to increase trading efficiencies, streamline workflows and maximize alpha capture.”
Portware FX is a comprehensive FX trading solution that aggregates liquidity from all global providers and offers customizable algorithmic trading strategies to bring new efficiencies to FX trading. The platform also includes Portware’s FX Liquidity Monitor (FXLM), an FX TCA and post-trade analytics package that gives traders increased visibility into their trading performance. Clients can also take advantage of Portware FX’s new cloud-based model, which offers fast deployment, ease of access to all liquidity providers and significantly reduced operational overhead. Leading asset managers, hedge funds and broker dealers worldwide have deployed Portware FX to meet their most complex trading requirements, leading to dramatic growth in Portware’s FX business over the past 18 months, including a 24 percent quarter-over-quarter increase in FX trade volumes in Q3 alone.
“In order to compete in today’s complex global trading environment, institutions need flexible, open systems that offer unmatched transparency, performance and functionality,” said Alfred Eskandar, CEO of Portware. “We welcome IPM to the growing list of global firms that have selected Portware to automate their most complex trade workflows. 2012 has been a record year for our FX business, and we will continue to innovate and ensure Portware FX will accommodate traders’ evolving needs into 2013 and beyond.”