Alpari RU, a leading financial services provider of margin derivative has reported monthly and quarterly operating metrics. Trading volumes on a month on month basis were slightly lower in September, however the firm has seen total trading volumes for Q3 increase by 61% from 2012 numbers.
The firm, who is part of an international provider, Alpari Group, has benefited from increased volatility due to the global economy that is affecting financial markets. Alexander Razuvaev, Head of Alpari’ s Analytical Department, believes the current landscape is keeping markets alerts, he said in a comment to Forex Magnates: “The geopolitical situation in the Middle East, the uncertainty surrounding the decisions of the world’s central banks and conflicting macroeconomic reports, have led to heightened volatility in the markets.”
Introducing Axiory Intelligence, an Independent Market News-ProviderGo to article >>
- In September, Alpari RU’s trading volume decreased by $7 billion to $126.8 billion .The main factor was the reduction of traffic on the pair – EURUSD (-$8,5 billion).
- Turnover increased on the GBPUSD pair (+2 % , or $ 0.6 billion )
- Turnover in lots dropped below 1 million lots and totaled 972 thousand.
- The number of publicly held accounts at the moment reached 984 thousand.
- To date, the main drivers of growth for the year were GBPUSD (+168% , or $53 billion ), USDJPY (+806% , or $30 billion ) and EURUSD (+15% or $25 billion )
- Alpari RU’s trading volume in Q3 2013 increased by 61% (or $150 billion) over the same period in 2012 (Q3).