DailyFX launches BYOA (Be Your Own Analyst) Contest which will give you the opportunity of being featured on the DailyFX Forum and their Facebook page. One winner only is chosen on a weekly basis.
What are the requirements you ask?
- Video should be less than 5 minutes long and cover any topic related to trading.
- You can choose from breaking news, share your favourite currency pairs, or show how you trade “live.”
- DailyFX is asking contestants to be creative !
Zach Johnson and John Kicklighter answering our questions about the “BYOA Contest”. Zach is the new media and video coordinator for FXCM and DailyFX; he has helped in developing and launching the contest. John is a DailyFX currency strategist and helps judge the weekly video entries.
1. In your opinion, what would it take to win and get your video featured on the “DailyFX Facebook Page” ?
Did COVID-19 Save the Forex Industry?Go to article >>
John: Everyone has an opinion; we are looking for those submissions that reflect a unique take and – more importantly –a great explanation. Identifying great trades is difficult enough; but when you are able to break down your well thought-out approach, it denotes a skill level above and beyond the average trader. We like to look for strong analysis, position and money management and a little insight into your ‘edge.’
2. What is the one advice that you would give the contestants ?
John: Tell us why. Just like it is with the Strategists and Analysts on DailyFX, we want to know why you are taking the trade. Perhaps we will agree with your reasoning or perhaps we will disagree; but the fact that we can see your thought process makes it far more valuable than just a random call posted on the web. And, hey, perhaps this could launch your new career as an FX analyst.
3. What problems or difficulties have you had with this new project ?
Zach: So far, we’ve noticed that users get nervous when they find out what’s required to record a video. They’re really excited to share their analysis with the world, but they may be hesitant to try out the technology to do so. In fact, it is incredibly easy to download and use the software. The contest is for everyone—we want to encourage all of our traders to submit their videos. Submit your trade idea—no matter how bold you think it is (being bold might make you the winner).